Essay Topic: 1
“Is Netflix killing cinema? Some claim the streaming platform represents cinema’s slow death march, while others argue the backlash is simply cultural elitism from rigid cinephiles” (Source: New Statesman)
Do you think streaming services like Amazon Prime and Netflix are a good thing for traditional cinema or are they harmful?
Questions & Answers:
- What is Netflix?
Answer: Netflix is a subscription-based streaming service that allows our members to watch TV shows and movies without commercials on an internet-connected device.
- What is the difference between Amazon Prime and Netflix?
Answer: Ad-free online streaming for movies and TV shows on virtually any device — that is the promise of both Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video. Netflix has a larger content library and apps for more platforms and devices than that supported by Amazon Prime. Netflix also offers subtitles (or closed-captioning) for more TV shows and movies than Amazon.
- How popular is Netflix in your country?
Answer: Streaming services such as Netflix have built their market in Bangladesh, however, it is still yet to fully capture the whole market, as most people in my country are still occupied with television channels as well as youtube. Still, slowly and steadily Netflix is grabbing the throne as the most trusted online streaming service in Bangladesh.
- What kind of competition do these streaming services have in your country?
Answer: The online streaming services are still yet to fully grab the Bangladeshi market, so there is but a little competition among the online streaming services here, as most people still are unaware of the Netflix contents, finding entertainment in cable networks and youtube videos.
- Which Netflix show have you watched?
Answer: Because of my country still falling back in the online streaming service mania which has already captured the rest of the world, I’m still yet to watch an actual Netflix series, but I wish to watch one real soon. Maybe some Marvel OTT series.
- Streaming – A method of transmitting or receiving data (especially video and audio material) over a computer network as a steady, continuous flow, allowing playback to start while the rest of the data is still being received.
- Monopoly – The exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.
- Trailblazer – A person who is the first to do something; an innovator.
- Accolade – An award or privilege granted as a special honour or as an acknowledgement of merit.
- Thrive – Grow or develop well or vigorously.
- Inconveniency – Lack of convenience The delay caused great inconvenience.
- Substantial – Of considerable importance, size, or worth.
Essay Topic: 2
It’s clear that gender roles and stereotypes are engrained in children’s lives from a young age, but it’s also clear that young people are struggling to fit in with society’s expectations of them.
Do you think that this will change in the future?
1.What is meant by gender role?
Gender roles are the behaviors and appearances men and women are expected to exhibit by the social and cultural entities based on their gender.
- How are gender roles and gender stereotypes connected?
First one is the cause and the other one is the effect. Gender roles can lead to harmful gender stereotypes about how girls and boys should act, look and feel.
- Why is there more gender stereotyping in less developed countries?
The disparities in health, education and bargaining power in marriage tends to be higher in less developed countries which leads to gender stereotyping.
- How gender stereotyping may affect the development of a country?
Almost every country has half of its population as females. As gender stereotyping limits women’s opportunities in all sectors as in economic, academic and socio-cultural phases, it ends up affecting the development of the country.
- How young people are being affected by gender stereotyping?
Gender stereotyping prevents the young people from using their full potential and also impairs their learning skills whicheads to depression, violence and low self esteem.
- Are men being privileged by gender stereotyping?
Although gender stereotyping towards men is less common, to some extent, it also takes away men’s right to be what they really are as men are always expected to be strong, brave and independent.
- How gender stereotyping may create depression among men?
As gender stereotyping is a double edged sword, it ends up hurting both the male and female fraternity. As men are always expected to meet higher expectations and standards set by the society, depression comes to the forefront when they fail to do so.
- How gender stereotyping is affecting the productivity of young people?
Gender stereotyping limits the areas, access and creativity of a person and ends up putting on restrictions on the full usage of their potential. Social norms and expectations influence an individual in choosing their desired career,hence affecting productivity.
9.How educating girls can be beneficial in eradicating gender stereotyping?
The education of girls and women can lead to a wide range of benefits from creating awareness among themselves to providing non gender stereotyped parenting for the future generation.
10.What steps can be taken to eradicate gender stereotyping from society?
Several steps can be taken such as by practicing counteracting stereotypes, establishing non gender stereotyped parenting, educating the girls, building leadership skills and self confidence among girls and lastly, by letting the boys come out from their masculinity complex.
2 thoughts on “OIETC Speaking Part-3 Questions & Answers”
If I agree that men are said to be great leader …. Ai writing topic er question and answer asi ki?
you can join in our online speaking course